As a grandmother and I know how fast children grow up. I miss the days that my children were small and full of wonder. Their eyes would light up at the idea of visiting Santa as they counted off the days until Christmas. I began to think about how great it would have been to have a nostalgic painting of my children visiting Santa Claus. I cannot go back in time to make this happen but I could make it happen for my grandchildren. Then I thought, why not make this style of artwork available to my clients. This is when I decided to create The Magical Art of Santa paintings.
To be able to make Nostalgic Christmas Art we had to find a way for the children to visit Santa. The children should not be asked to look at the camera and smile or to sit on Santa's lap. This is where the Santa experience began. The goal was to have the children (dressed in outfits that were timeless) interacting with Santa Claus. So this is what we created.
1. Every year we totally transform one room for these custom Santa sessions. We have been searching all year for the perfect toys, decorations and furniture to make this transformation into Santa's Workshop 2019.
2. Early June we check in with our Santa and find out what dates are available for his visit. He is very busy so we want to make sure we are on his list of who to visit before Christmas.
3. We then offer our clients a chance to register early for these dates. These are custom Santa Sessions so we are only able to accept a limited amount of sessions each November. These sessions book up quickly and we want our clients and friends from facebook to have the first chance to book before opening it up to the public.
4. Early Oct. we will start building Santa's room. First we will remove all of the furniture that is in the room then we will replace a couple of the walls with ones more suitable for a workshop. All of the workshop furniture will be brought in as well as the toys and decorations for this year.
5. Mid Oct. Letters from Santa to all the good little boys and girls that were invited will go out in the mail. Each child will receive their own letter.
6. Oct is a busy month because we also make cookies for the children to share with Santa as well as cookies for the family to enjoy after the session is over.
7. We have invested in a continuous lighting system so that we may take pictures throughout the session without distracting the children from having fun.
8. The week after your children visit Santa there will be a viewing and ordering appointment where you will be able to see a slideshow of this special day. All the proofs viewed in the slideshow were hand selected by the artist knowing they would make they would be perfect for a Magical Art of Santa painting. After choosing your favorite proofs as well as selecting what size art or storybook album you would like for your home, the magic will begin.
9. The artist will then take the proofs to the next level by adding all of the magic and painting.
10.This beautiful artwork will be cherished for many years to come.